This chandelier instantly beautifies your rooms. These chandeliers are available in multiple designs to choose from. Often people struggle to find the right size of chandelier for their room. Where a too-small chandelier will not be properly visible in a large room, and a too big chandelier can overwhelm the space.
To prevent these hassles related to the wrong size selection, here are some tips to help you select the perfectly-sized chandelier for your room.
What Factors Impact the Chandelier Size?
The visual weight and style of the chandelier impact the size of the chandelier that you should get. A chandelier that looks bulky can be smaller in size, whereas the one that looks smaller will be wider in appearance.
People who are planning to buy a circular-shaped chandelier to install above the table, have to consider the table size also to arrive at its right size. When finding the right chandelier size for room, you should consider the width and height of the room, and the size of the chandelier to arrive at the right size.
Things to Consider to Determine the Size of The Chandelier
To find the right size of the chandelier, you will need to calculate the dimensions of the room where you are going to install it. Calculate the length, width, and height of the room. When you have the figures, add them all (in feet). Now convert this unit into inches.
- If your room’s dimension is smaller than 10′ x 10′, then your fixture has to be 17″ to 20″ in width.
- If the room’s dimension is almost 12′ x 12′ then your fixture has to be 22″ to 27″ in width.
- If the room’s dimension is close to 14′ x 14′ the fixture has to be 24″ to 32″ in width.
Sofary is the leading seller of superior quality and stunning chandelier for any setting. https://www.sofary.com/blogs/chandeliers/chandelier-size-guide is the best reference material to determine the right size of chandelier that adds style and ambiance to your home.
The Location of The Chandelier
The positioning of the chandelier is another important factor that you need to consider. Consider where you are going to place it and its hanging height. Be careful when you decide the placement, as poor placement can enhance the aesthetic of the room.
- If you are hanging the chandelier in the dining room, then its bottom has to be 30″ to 36″ above the table.
- If you are planning to hang it above the kitchen island, then its bottom needs to hang 30″ to 36″ over the countertop.
- Entryway, Living Room, and Bedroom are other good places where you can install the chandelier. At these places, if the ceiling is higher than 8′, you should install your chandelier at an extra 3″ higher per extra foot over 8′.
A wrong purchase leads to regrets and wastage of money. By implementing the above tips, you can easily determine the right chandelier size that will enhance the beauty of the place.